[digiKam-users] New user can't move or delete files from new folder locations

Eileen M. Gloster gloster123 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 14:14:03 BST 2021

Greetings,

I am a new used who installed digiKam on Windows  10 OS build 19042.1110 a
few days ago.  (I have not updated with the newest release.) My only open
source background is as an OpenOffice user, so I may be in over my head,
but I really like the metadata features of digikam and hope to get this
working.

I installed digikam and initially loaded a single folder with a few photos
from my harddrive into digikam, and DigiKam worked fine. I can use digikam
to edit, move and delete files from that folder.  That folder also is
where the three database files went.

Since that worked well, I went back to configure settings to add
collections, and clicked on my folder labeled  PICTUREs, which has many
subfolders.  The files loaded, and they can be edited. But I can not
rename, move or delete these files. I did not see any directions about
creating a new location for any new database files, so I did not address
that.  I do not see any new database files. I had assumed the original
database file would just get bigger -- but those database files are inside
the folder with the first group of photos -- the only ones I can move and
delete.

I thought perhaps I had loaded too many photos, so I tried again and added
a third location in a  new folder with a much smaller group of photos the
same thing happened. I can not move or delete those either, but I can edit
them.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I could start over, but I don't want to
muck things up further.

I use Windows 10 OS build 19042.1110

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz   3.20 GHz

Thank you for any help you can give,