[digiKam-users] no images to see after update from DK 7.2 to 7.3

Hans-Peter Huth hans-ph at web.de
Tue Jul 13 19:06:26 BST 2021

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 19:46:49 +0200
Maik Qualmann <metzpinguin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Certainly broken packages, wait for Manjaro to build new ones.
> Otherwise the output in the terminal with activated debug variable is
> always interesting.
>
> https://www.digikam.org/contribute/
>
> Maik

i think there was a change in handling of directories. Previously, i had
"/mnt/ssd500/Fotos/digicam" as root folder (/mnt/ssd500 is the mount point
of a seperate disk), this didn't work with Dk 7.3.
Now i pointed digikam to the folder, "/home/hph/Fotos/digicam", which is
the same but mounted using the 'bind' option in /etc/fstab and after a
while all images appeared again. Both pathes to the digicam folder are
accessible through command line and file manager.

My guess would be some change in the Qt lib?

HP (happy again :)

--
Why taunt me? Why upbraid me? I am merely a genius, not a god.