[digiKam-users] Tagging photos with camera and lens names

Hella Breitkopf hella.breitkopf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 12:03:21 BST 2021

Hi,

I use a python script to rename my pictures before I import them into
digikam, so camera name and focal length are included in the file
names: https://github.com/unixhex/exipicrename2
(The lens ID was not reliable on my sample pictures the time I started
to write that script or on my lenses).

I think Digikam could do this, too, nowadays. But at the time I've
started this (a long time ago)  they couldn't rename automatically the
associated raw file in the same name schema.

An example filename looks like this:
20200920_170026__em5m3__90mm__f5-6__t80__iso200.jpg

Kind regards,
Hella

hella.breitkopf at gmail.com
http://www.unixwitch.de