[digiKam-users] When is metadata written back to files?

José Oliver-Didier jose_oliver at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 1 14:29:37 BST 2021

Hello,

In digikam's metadata settings I have the following checkboxes enabled:
"Face Tags" write, "Update file modification timestamp when files are
modified", "Rescan file when files are modified", and "Clean up the
metadata from the database when rescan files". If I add a Face Tag using
DigiKam, I notice that the metadata is not immediately written to the file.
What would be the best option to write the metadata only to the files
modified within Digikam?

If I click on "Write Metadata to File" within the Albums menu,
would Digikam modify all the files, or just the ones with pending metadata
modifications?

I still use other applications which modify file metadata, and I am trying
to ensure one app does not overwrite another's changes. Running Digikam
7.2.0 on Windows 10.

- J Oliver