[digiKam-users] DIgikam 7.1 on Mac OS can images be opened with external editor?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 09:34:05 GMT 2021

Hi Robert,

In fact yes and not. You can use open with the default macOS
application from the Item menu. It will call Finder to open the
default application registered in macOS to open this kind of image.

For the Open With... feature, I haven't yet found the right code
(osascript by preference, or Objective C) to call Finder and to show
the open with dialog from macOS.

Example of osascript in digiKam to open Finder and select current
items from album thumbnails view :

https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/blob/master/core/libs/threadimageio/engine/dfileoperations.cpp#L301

All help is welcome.

Gilles Caulier