[digiKam-users] Right side panel text truncated

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 14:12:01 GMT 2021

Hi,

I recommend a lots to try 7.2.0 Release candidate AppImage Linux
bundle available here :

https://files.kde.org/digikam/

AppImage is just a single file which includes all the necessary to run
an application without installing it. all the contents are
decompressed in memory and nothing is touched from your native digiKam
installed.

Look at the right sidebar in action with this version. Look also how
the mouse over shows a tooltip with a long version of the current file
name...

https://i.imgur.com/geDP6Qi.png

But take a care, the step between 6.x to 7.x is huge, and we upgrade
the database schema. I recommend to backup your databases before, else
we will not be able to go back to the 6.x release.

Best regards

Gilles Caulier