[digiKam-users] XMP sidecar settings

Alan H webaccounts at live.com
Sun Jan 24 02:39:33 GMT 2021

Hello,
Using 6.4 on Windows. Is there a setting so that XMP sidecars are created only for raw file metadata and have jpeg metadata written directly to the jpeg without creating (overwriting!) a XMP sidecar? I’m running into problems where I wish to have different metadata for a jpeg-raw pair but cannot use the filename.jpg.xmp and filename.rw2.xmp convention. Returning to process/update the raw after changes in the jpeg is a bit of a clutzy and sometimes forgotten sequence. Current settings are: “Write to item and XMP sidecar” and “Use a compatible filename for writing to sidecar files”. Thanks. Alan