[digiKam-users] Migrating from Digikam 4 to 6

J D angrdtsk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 10:57:24 GMT 2021

Hi,

Thanks for all your suggestions!

It is interesting and also good to see that so much has happened with
Digikam. I mean, my upgrade of Linux was from year 2017 to year 2020, and I
don't remember that my previous such upgrade would have brought such
changes regarding Digikam.

I have the old installation and one copy of the photos on an old-style hard
disk and the old installation and another copy of photos on a brand new
SSD. It seems that I need to go back to the old disk and the old system to
do the move to sidecar files and then re-sync the old and the new disk. I
may actually end up creating a small test album and try the migration with
that first.

And yes, I do have incremental back-up system.

BR,
angrdtsk