[digiKam-users] DK integration with rawtherapee

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 11 15:59:42 GMT 2021

On lundi 11 janvier 2021 16:37:54 CET Baytelfoto wrote:
> Didn't function. Even when I try to "open with/others" it doesn't appear in
> any list. Neither does Darktable.
"Didn't function" is one of the less helpful ways of describing your problem.
We don't know what you tried, what OS you are using, what version of the
programs concerned, and if any of the programs involved are in anything else
but a "traditional" executable.

As pointed out by others, flatpak, snap and possibly appimage keep the
programs in a sandbox for security reasons. That means they won't even see
whether other programs exist. They certainly can't start an external program.

So if you have digikam, rawtherapee and darktable installed in one of these
forms (flatpak, snap or appimage), tell us...

FYI, using digikam and darktable as binaries installed from a "traditional"
OpenSUSe repository, darktable does show up under the "open with" menu on
right-click. No need to use the "others" option, either.