[digiKam-users] move from package to appimage

Michael Moore stuporglue at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 14:31:22 GMT 2021

Jim,

As an anecdote, I started with Digikam 7.1 on Debian (with an external
MySQL database) and switched to the 7.2 appimage. I haven't experienced any
problems.

Oftentimes software updates bring 1-way database updates – meaning I
personally wouldn't try downgrading back to 7.1 again – but I don't know if
that's the case for Digikam between these version numbers.

I would recommend making a backup of your database before switching, just
in case.

--
Michael