[digiKam-users] Issue with deleted images

Martin J. Evans martin.j.evans at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 10:43:04 GMT 2021

On 23/02/2021 10:24, Sebastian Beer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> DigiKam has its own trash folder.
> Look into the following conversation:
> https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=292861
> <https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=292861>

Thank you but that doesn't appear to fully answer my question unless I
am misreading it.

I have an album at I:\shared\docs_and_scanned. This directory does
contain a .dtrash folder with subfolders of "files" and "info".

I cannot find an empty trash - like option in digiKam.

So, to delete the trash am I expected to just delete all the files in
the .dtrash folder manually in windows explorer? If I want to
permanently delete these files from my drive is it ok to just delete the
.dtrash folder when digiKam is not running or do I have to leave the
directory structure intact and just delete the individual files? I sort
of expected digiKam would have an inbuilt option to delete the files I'd
moved to trash.

Martin