[digiKam-users] What to do with faces I don't care about?

Michael Moore stuporglue at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 13:43:16 GMT 2021

Thanks Marc, Thanks Rob,

>From a workflow perspective that makes a lot more sense now.

It would be nice if there were a way to go straight from Suggested to
Ignore.

Digikam is (rightfully) picking up faces in the background in crowds, other
people's kids from school events, things like that. Or pictures of friends'
exes or something. It'd be great to be able just ignore them in one step. I
am tagging by going into an existing tag, and looking through the suggested
photos/faces. Right now, the Unknown pool has a lot of pictures I do care
about, but haven't tagged yet. It seems like the current workflow increases
the noise in the Unknown pool, since all I-don't-care people have to go
from a Suggested match to Unknown before getting put in Ignored.

Still, 7.2-RC is very nice. Very usable, pretty stable, and tagging faces
is pretty addicting. Only 60,000 more photos to go.

--
Michael