[digiKam-users] digiKam for long term management of a large library

Henrique Santos Fernandes sf.rique at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 19:14:02 GMT 2021

Hey,

I am also very interested in Mysql and NFS setup.

I stop using digikam a while back (a few years now)  but I had set
everything up to sync on files and side card as well.

Currently, I am bringing my storage back up (Freenas)  and will most likely
access it over NFS. Right now My biggest concern is if I should go for
MySQL or not, I will also try to use my old digikam database (because of
videos tagging) too see if I will be able to upgrade it from that old
version.

Since google photos is not free anymore (i had a pixel) , I will go back to
manually handle everything and also download all my google photos from
pixel.

Right Now my library is around 65k pic/videos in the following months I
will need to have this setup ready and making sure I go with the right
options is key for me.

As I said Mysql or sqlite is my biggest concern. I believe I will endup
going with sqlite cause it seems better supported, but i really like the
idea that any PC could connect to my digikam MySQL and NFS and would be
able to work as usual.

Regards

[]'sf.rique
Henrique Santos Fernandes