[digiKam-users] HELP editing images in GIMP or Photoshop

Jonathan Kamens jikamens at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 13:12:30 GMT 2021

How is digiKam installed on Zorin Linux: is it a regular application
package, a snap, or an AppImage? If it's a snap then whoever built the
snap may not have configured it with the permissions to access and
launch executables outside the snap. That sounds like what's happening
here. I use the digiKam AppImage because when I tried using the snap (on
Ubuntu) I discovered that it didn't support the MySQL backend, which I use.

I'd suggest uninstalling the snap and installing the AppImage from the
digiKam web site instead.

You may also want to install AppImageLauncher
<https://github.com/TheAssassin/AppImageLauncher> to make it easier to
launch the AppImage.