[digiKam-users] Using Exiftool with DigiKam

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 06:47:12 BST 2021

Unfortunately Ubuntu is not able to provide digiKam as a native app. What you
have installed via apt-get is the snap package (container that contains
everything necessary for digiKam). Snap packets use a sandbox and are
therefore not usable for digiKam.

What can you do?
- try to install the snap package in "Classic" mode
- use our AppImage from www.digikam.org
- try to compile digiKam yourself, we currently have a script in git/master
source code that all required packages are installed on Ubuntu
- use a Linux distribution that digiKam provides natively

Maik