[digiKam-users] Fwd: Re: DNG conversion in Digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 18:58:52 BST 2021

Maik,

I think the Adobe SDK is not the problem here. The SDk constructs a tiff/EP
compatible file with the Raw image data extracted with libraw.

The SDK make a base tiff file with few metadata, no more. The main job to
backport information from RAW to DNG is done by Exiv2, and perhaps unsafe
tags are backport too much from original file to the target one.

I think ExifTool will be the ultimate solution here...

Gilles