[digiKam-users] Migrating from Digikam 4 to 6

Jyk jykdht at lavache.com
Sun Apr 18 16:55:43 BST 2021

I am in a similar case, many thanks for the procedures shared by Gilles and
Rob.

I am facing some trouble in step 2 "Change Setup/metadata/xmp sidecar option
and create a new XMP
sidecar file for all images. Use Maintenance tool"

I chose "From database to image metada" and "Write to XML Only" and selected
all the choices in "Write This information to Metadata".

And unfortunately all my images been impacted in their unix file status,
very surprising after carefuly selected  "Write to XML Only".

I compared md5sum of files with backup, they are not modified, and modified
time also not modified, only status time modified, so I will continue
procedure to migrate from 4 to 6, but I still don understand why unix file
status be modified.

Jyk