[digiKam-users] after installation database error (MacOS)

truecolor truecolor at web.de
Wed Apr 14 14:04:40 BST 2021

Hello,

I have installed digiKam 7.2.0 on my macOS 10.13.6.

When I start the app, I get the following message:

-----
Error while opening the database.
digiKam will try to automatically reconnect to the database.
-----

I had previously installed an older version in the past that I didn't know
about.
When I acknowledge the upper message, I get the second message

-----
Failed to open the database.
You cannot use digicam without working database...
-----

After confirmation I get the small start window of digiKam for one second.

After that an error report.

Please support