[digiKam-users] Booleans in search filters

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Wed Apr 14 07:11:50 BST 2021

On mercredi 14 avril 2021 04:09:45 CEST donsam wrote:
> Tagging question
> I would like to mix Boolean (and) with Boolean (or).
> Here is an example, part of my tagging hierarchy looks like this:
> Location
> 	glenwood_canyon
> 	rifle_falls_state_park
> 	summit_county
> 		1228Emerald
> 		Acorn_Creek
> 		festa_ridge
> 		mesa_cortina_trail
> 		south fork willowbrook
>
> another part looks like this:
> flowers
> 	Alpine_Daisy
> 	arnica
> 	buttercup
> 	Colorado_Columbine
> 	Elephanthead
> 	fairy_slipper_orchid
> 	Field_Mouse_Chickweed
> 	Flax
>
> I would like a search query that says
> (Acorn_Creek) && (Colorado_Columbine || Flax)
>
> Is this something that can be done or put on for a future enhancement?
> Perhaps also allow a (not) which I guess would be “~”.

Check out the advanced search, it has a lot of ways to combine queries.
Note that the terminology is a bit different within a group, it use "all of",
"any of", and "none of". Groups can be combined with AND and OR.

The exemple you posted can also be done through "tag" (left sidebar) for the
location, and filters->Tags Filter (right sidebar) for the flowers, when you
set the filter combination to (OR) through the settings button in the lower
right of the panel.

Remco