[digiKam-users] List of files with a specific tag

mmjoshi mmjoshi at iitbombay.org
Tue Apr 13 13:24:18 BST 2021

Randy Wolf wrote
> The three tables at play are: Tags, Images, and ImageTags
>
> You can use a select to lookup the id in Tags:
> select * from tags;
>
> Then another select to get a list of files with that tagid:
> select images.name from images, imagetags where imagetags.tagid=100 and
> images.id=imagetags.imageid;

Hi Randy

This worked perfectly. Thanks for the tip. However, I realized that I need
to exclude certain tags from the query. I tried hard to figure out how to do
this but with my limited (very!) knowledge of SQL couldn't figure out.

The scenario is like this. i would like to output a list of all files with a
specific tag say Tag1 but also exclude all files with another tag say Tag2.
Is this possible? If yes what query should I use?