[digiKam-users] How to move files into dated sub-album/directories?

Yan Li elliot.li.tech at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 17:05:21 BST 2021

Hi,

I"m a new digiKam user and love the nice piece of software. Thank you!!

I'm trying to import some pictures from a local directory. I knew there's
an option to allow you to import files from a USB drive into your library
and add them into dated sub-albums. But when I import files from a local
directory, digiKam just moved the directory into my library without giving
me the Import dialog.

So in this situation, how do I reorganize them into dated subdirectories? I
searched around online for a while but didn't find a way to do this.

I guess it boils down to two questions:
1. How to show the Import dialog for importing local directories in the
future?
2. How to reorganize/move existing files that are already in the library
into dated sub-album/directories?

Thanks again!!

--
Elliot