[digiKam-users] sidecar settings

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 11:52:28 BST 2021

> my understanding is that ,
> - DK is updating "acdsee" and "xmp" fields, which are read by DXO and
> Lightroom - DXO and Lightroom are updating only "xmp" fields
> - DK only read "acdsee" fields
> is my understanding correct ? is there a way to share the same fields ?

If you haven't changed anything in the advanced metadata settings, we will
read Xmp.xmp.Rating first. Check this in the advanced metadata settings, the
order of the list determines the search order when reading the rating
metadata. The order can easily be changed.

> another question: as I just set the option "associated  filename are
> compatible with commercial programm" , all the sidecars are still named
> with non compatible format until I will make an update. Is there a way to
> create all the basename.xmp files for the complete database ?

Write all metadata from the database to the images using the maintenance tool.
Make sure that writing to sidecars is activated, if necessary switch to write
only sidecar.

Maik