[digiKam-users] Grouped files -- Selection Properties vs File Properties -- Two accounts

Kai Blauberg kaizubg at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 10:34:12 BST 2021

Hi,

First of all a great thank for all that have participated in the development of the latest
version of digiKam!

My environment: Fedora 33, Gnome 3.38. digiKam: appimage 7.2, latest official

I attach a screen copy of my observation where the 'File > Properties' functionality behaves
differently with grouped (by file name) images when running the appimage (same file) by
different users on my computer. With the first account (left side of the picture, main account)
digiKam opens a 'Selection Properties' view. Using the second account (digikam7, test account)
digiKam opens a File Properties view of the first image in the group (JPG).

I have tried to find a Setting for this behaviour, however without a positive result. Can
somebody suggest a workaround for this.

Thanks anyway in advance!

Kai