[digiKam-users] Image recognition

Eduard Zalar eduard at zalar.de
Tue Apr 6 14:16:43 BST 2021

Hello,
personally, I find it very un-intuitiv that the training data has to be
rebuilt with the maintenance tool. It is a good place for doing maintenance
stuff all together and I would let it there.
But from a user experience view: What about placing an option in the
workflow dialog? Something like a checkbox which can be selected if I have
committed several faces?
Furthermore, would it be possible to do that automatically? For example
retrain after x faces of the same person have been committed.

Thinking even further: Would it be possible to retrain the network for a
single person? In this case the re-training duration would also reduce. As
far as I understand the functionality in the maintenance tool, it takes all
recognized and committed faces and retrains all of them. My experience from
my collection is that some people (~50 to 100) are often in the pictures
and others (rest of ~400) appear only once a year.

With best regards
Eddie