[digiKam-users] New user - software super slow

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 22 18:02:24 BST 2020

Hi Scott,

When I first used it, I also found this software quite slow. And I still
experience the slowdowns and windows not responding while it is scanning for
new pictures or when it's writing metadata to a bunch of pictures. This is
specially noticeable when the pictures are stored in a low-latency medium
(like a network share), but should be more or less ok once it has finished
scanning and reconstructing the thumbnails. At that point, it works pretty
well.