[digiKam-users] How to have DK utilize multiple cores for maintenance tasks

Thomas D sdktda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 08:29:24 BST 2020

Hi,

As part of another thread, I just learned how to increase the max size of
thumbnails.
When enabling large thumbnails in DK, I also have to rebuild all the
thumbnails.
This, however, is a huge computational task that takes a long time.
I noticed that DK seems to only utilize about 7 % CPU time. My machine has
6 cores and I would like DK to utilize multiple cores. Maybe it already
does and I/O is the bottleneck? Or do I need to enable multi-threaded
thumbnail rebuilding somewhere?

BR
Thomas