[digiKam-users] Best way to use versioning with an external editor

bgstcola bgst at bgst.dk
Mon Oct 12 14:11:37 BST 2020

Hi everyone, I'm new to digiKam after I finally retired Picasa.

I really like digiKam but I find I need an external editor for some tasks
like red eye removal (for some reason the built-in tool doesn't work for
me).

To use an external editor with versioning, I start by doing some editing in
the built-in editor, and then I click "Save Changes" to create a new
version. Then I open the new version in an external editor with "Open
With..."

Is there a better way to do this? I don't like that I have to edit the photo
in digiKam before I can make a new version - I would like to be able to do
all editing in the external editor.

Thanks
Benjamin