[digiKam-users] DigiKam 7.1.0 - Maxing out Drive and not terminating process on closing

daihill at tutanota.com daihill at tutanota.com
Sun Oct 11 01:29:12 BST 2020

I have been using DigiKam for awhile now and really love it. But today I noticed that after running DigiKam7.1.0 the disk where my collection is maxes out at 100% the moment I launchDigikam. I have turned off "auto scan for new files on startup" Thedrive completely slows down dramatically for any access, read/write or evenjust changing folders. Closing DigiKam didn't change the performance and when Ilooked in system processes DigiKam.exe was still running. The moment I manuallyended the process my disk performance returned to normal.

I tried migrating the data baseto my main C drive (ssd) but there was no change - and although the databasewas copied to my SSD it appeared that DigiKam was still using the copy on my"D" drive where it was originally and where my photo collection is.

Anyone able to help? as unless Ican find a solution DigiKam for me will be unusable

Thanks

Dai

--
 Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:
 https://tutanota.com