[digiKam-users] Please could somebody help me with some FPX files.

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Mon Nov 16 19:49:55 GMT 2020

I have raised a bug on the problem I am having with fpx files but meanwhile have been able to confirm that the conversions from fpx to jpg does include the metadata as I hoped, thanks to some help with command from snibgo of the github/imagemagic community.

Interesting but what I recognise to be the date when picture was taken is shown as
date:modify 1998-12-12T15:35:22+00:00

and my recent moving the file is shown as
date:create 2020-11-13T14:36:00+00:00

This brings me to my next question concerning dates as I have to tag/edit several thousand images scanned from negatives without any dates when the pictures were taken.  The date does not therefore appear automatically in the file name or at present the caption.  What I seek to do is achieve a consistent approach for both scanned negatives and my later digital images.
At present the digital images only have the metadata from the images.  Is it possible to create a script to add the date taken into the caption.  When I then wish to add a date to a scanned image, assuming I can identify it, I can add this by hand but the appearance of all will be consistent.

My not have explained myself very well but thought I would ask while here.
Regards,
Budge