[digiKam-users] Moving digikam database - or can I let it get rebuilt?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri May 29 18:55:58 BST 2020

My digikam database (for historical reasons) is in a rather strange
place in a directory all by itself that doesn't get backed up by my
standard backups.

So, I'd like to move it, how does one set about this?  Can I just copy
the database (it's sqlite3 so it is just a single file) and tell
digikam where it has been moved to?  Or is it more complicated than
that?

Or would it be simpler just to get Digikam to build a new database
from the metadata in my image files?  I.e. if I just give digikam the
location of the new database will it just rebuild it?  I know it will
take quite a while but that doesn't really matter.

Oh, this is digikam 6.4 appimage running on Linux.

--
Chris Green
ยท