[digiKam-users] Future of digiKam bundles...

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Sun May 24 21:48:03 BST 2020

jdd at dodin.org <jdd at dodin.org> wrote:
> Le 24/05/2020 à 21:57, Chris Green a écrit :
>
> > It sounds like a FlatPak is some sort of horrible halfway house.
> >

> or maybe an other tentative to have a cross platform repository system,
> what could be a better choice, if it succeed

It would be a rather major revolution if it replaced .rpm and .deb.

Yes, it would be lovely if we (all Linux distributions) used the same
format for distributing software but I don't believe that snap, or
appimage or flatpak are taking the right approach to doing this.  They
all seem to be looking for a way to bypass the existing way of doing
things.

--
Chris Green
·