[digiKam-users] Future of digiKam bundles...

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Sun May 24 21:10:40 BST 2020

I think flatpaks are standalone and have no dependencies. Looks like they
allow for better integration with some desktops which is valuable to many
users (KDE Plasma users for instance). And also looks like it gets building
applications off Gilles’ plate allowing him to spend more time coding,
enjoy family time or finally get that ol’ BWM motorcycle that has been
sitting in the garage for years up and running again so I say why not?

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 2:03 PM Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:

> Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Discover is just a solution to install a FlatPak bundle. All main
> > Linux desktop will certainly provide an delegate application.
> >
> It seems all wrong to me somehow.
>
> Either (like Appimage) you download a file (downloading any old way
> you want, you usual way of doing it, ftp, wget, whatever) and it's a
> standalone program with no dependencies *OR* you have something that
> uses the distribution's standard format for handling dependencies etc.
>
> It sounds like a FlatPak is some sort of horrible halfway house.
>
> --
> Chris Green
> ·
>
> --