[digiKam-users] Embedded IPTC title in JPEG suddenly started to get truncated at 64 characters?

He Yifei 何一非 hesyifei at gmail.com
Sun May 24 20:49:30 BST 2020

Previously (even just last week) Digikam was able to write titles of any
length to a JPEG file's IPTC title field. However, yesterday I noticed
that all new titles Digikam written into the JPEG are truncated at 64
characters. When I edited old files that previously had titles more than
64 characters, they also got truncated to only 64 characters.

The new titles still displayed fully inside Digikam (database), but when
I check the JPEG with `exiftool -iptc:all`, the IPTC title field
("Object Name") is truncated (to exactly the first 64 characters) (old
files' long Object Name are not truncated).

Also the title in sidecar xmp files didn't get truncated. It only
happened with JPEG titles.

I don't think I have updated Digikam or changed any settings recently.
What might be the cause, and how could I fix it? Thanks! :)