[digiKam-users] Future of digiKam bundles...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun May 24 15:53:18 BST 2020

FlatPak is a bundle file as AppImage, but with a better integration in
Linux system. There is a door open through a socket to communicate
with DBus interface from host.

The FlatPak file, as i know, must be installed on your system using a
delegate application. KDE propose Discover program for that, but i'm
sure that other application exists.

>From the delegate application you install the bundle as a native
package (RPM or DEB). In opposite to package, the bundles include all
dependencies required to run the target application.

So, certainly the Flatpak files must be stored somewhere, but where
exactly, i don't know. As i seen a FlatPak bundle must be store in a
repository, aka a store...

Voilà...

Gilles Caulier