[digiKam-users] collections: removable media collection got re-marked as a local collection

Peter Teuben teuben at gmail.com
Sat May 23 04:40:54 BST 2020

is this a known bug that collections marked as removable can become local?

I decided to make a symlink in /Photos to a removable media link, and
marked it as being on removable media.

But after some reboot, logout or new instance of digikam , it decided
this album was going to on local media. This is bad for me. The next
thing that happens is that it got removed, and now it has to rebuild the
whole database data, which takes forever in my case, perhaps 100k images.

I'm going to try and re-mark them, otherwise I run the risk again that
when I forget to mount that drive and I start digikam, it's game over
again.  Could also cheat and use sqlitebrowser to edit the "type" field
in the AlbumRoots.

Isn't this a bug to change its mind on what's Local and Removable???

- peter