[digiKam-users] digikam not writing tags to files MacOS Catalina

Mark Simon mark.simon at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 19 17:03:18 BST 2020

Digikam scanned all my files and read tags. Now I have added tags to some images in digikam and want to write the tags to the files.
I select the image or a group and select Item > Write metadata but nothing happens. I also tried adding a tag in Finder and selecting Item > Reread metadata but the tag does not show in digikam.

I am running digikam 6.4.0 on a MacBook-pro running Catalina
I am using QMYSQL DB with 45k items stored on a USB external drive.
I have granted Digikam Full Disk Access in the Security settings.

I don’t know what to try. I want all my info stored in the image files if possible.