[digiKam-users] Moving photos and database files

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed May 13 22:04:00 BST 2020

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 10:11:42PM +0200, jdd at dodin.org wrote:
> Le 13/05/2020 à 21:45, Chris Green a écrit :
>
> > So I have to remember every time I exit from Digikam to open the menu
> > and click "Write metadata to files"?
>
> ??? why?? set the option and forget it, why do you want the option ticks out
> itself??

I'm confused, it's not an option that you set is it, it's an action
that happens when you click on that particular menu item.

I'm not being silly am I?  There isn't a configuration option that
says "Write metadata to files" is there?  It's jus a menu option that
does that write when you click on it.

An option in the configuration has a 'tick box' that you can set on
and off and I don't believe there's one for "Write metadata to files".
If the "Write metadata to files" menu option *does* set a
configuration setting then surely there should be somewhere that one
can see whether the option has been set of not.

--
Chris Green