[digiKam-users] Moving photos and database files

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed May 13 20:45:18 BST 2020

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 09:18:55PM +0200, jdd at dodin.org wrote:

> > ...and then in the Album menu we have:-
> >      Write metadata to files
>
> this one
>
> > So which option do I tick to ensure that metadata is *always* written
> > to the image files?
>
> always to  jpg files. Add xml side file for at least any other

So I have to remember every time I exit from Digikam to open the menu
and click "Write metadata to files"?  What happens if my system
crashes or if I turn it off forgetting to close down Digikam?

Surely there should be a way to set things up so that metadata is
always saved with the images.  Having it only in a (totally separate,
maybe even on a different system) database seems very risky to me.

--
Chris Green