[digiKam-users] KDE systemsettings - locale or keyboard

Sveinn í Felli sv1 at fellsnet.is
Wed May 13 12:08:49 BST 2020

Hi,

Using Digikam from digikam-6.4.0-x86-64.appimage on Linux Mint 19.3
Cinnamon; Digikam displays accented Icelandic letters, but I'm unable to
insert any such in any input-box. This is most annoying when inserting
tags or template information. Must be missing some locale- or
keyboard-setting.

Previously, when fiddling with themes or locale settings, I'd install
systemsettings and perhaps kde-config-somepakcage and solve the issues
graphically. But these days the KDE System Settings only has some
networking modules.

Does anyone know which package (in Mint/Ubuntu) contains the Regional
Settings and/or keyboard related modules for KDE System Settings?
Does it work with the appimage?

best,
Sveinn í Felli

PS: ~$ localectl status