[digiKam-users] managing old documents

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 6 16:24:33 BST 2020

On mercredi 6 mai 2020 17:15:25 CEST jdd at dodin.org wrote:
> Le 06/05/2020 à 16:23, leoutation at gmx.fr a écrit :
> > You don't need clouds to get diffused light, with no shadows.
> > Shot outdoor, under a tree,
>
> under a tree is the worst, ray of shadows all the time :-(
>
>   under anything to protect from direct sun
>
> > spot light. Best result when shooting under a white sheet in a sunny day
>
> yep, but difficult to manage the shadows, there a always some light rays
>
> I even have some glasses pretending being anti-glare but not good :-(
>
> thanks
> jdd

Classical setup I seem to remember is indoors, 2 lamps at 45° to the flat
subject (perhaps under glass) and camera on a tripod.

If the lamps are far enough away, that makes any specular reflections on the
flat subject or the glass plate impossible. Using 2 on opposite sides of the
subject helps getting a homogenous lighting.

Remco