[digiKam-users] managing old documents

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed May 6 10:30:19 BST 2020

Hi,

With this kind of documents, i use :

-Restoration to remove artifact and increase sharpness.
-Sharp again with Refocus or Unsharp Mask
-Change the Gamma or the Contrast.
-Reduce colors with White Balance : it's better for text
-And save in lossless format of course for archiving.

All can be done in BQM in batch. Just found the right settings, save
in a workflow and voilà... take a coffee and process your items in
batch.

Note: in recent release, i integrated the GMicQt tool as digiKam and
showfoto plugin. This tool has plenty of advanced and intelligent
filters (too much in fact). Experiment, test, and report here of
course.

https://gmic.eu/

As French is your first language, take a look here and enjoy :

https://linuxfr.org/news/g-mic-2-7-0-une-rentree-pleine-de-style-pour-le-traitement-d-images

GMic is a monster...

Best regards

Gilles Caulier