[digiKam-users] digikam file operations slowed down by baloo_file

Martin Tlustos martin.tlustos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 16:17:47 GMT 2020

Hello, everyone

I have a question concerning how to set up digikam and baloo so that they don't interfere negatively.

Right now, when I want to change the geolocation of a bunch of pictures (our camera doesn't have gps), the process takes a long time because baloo_file kicks in and indexes every change (I have digikam set to write metadata into the image files).

My question: is there a way to make file operations go faster? I have several possible szenarios in mind, like:

Exclude my images directory/subdirectories from indexing in baloo and activate the option to integrate with baloo in metadata/baloo.
deactivate to write metadata into the files and activate baloo integration in options/metadata/baloo (doesn't feel right, though)

Any other ideas? Should I exclude the image directory/subdirectory from indexing with baloo? I should be able to find images within digikam easily, right?

Thank you for any help.

Regards,

Martin