[digiKam-users] Cannot start recent appimage on Manjaro

Hans-Peter Huth hans-ph at web.de
Sat Mar 21 15:42:03 GMT 2020

On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:37:45 +0100
leoutation at gmx.fr wrote:

> On 3/21/20 11:01 AM, Hans-Peter Huth wrote:
> > On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 07:12:27 +0100
> > Maik Qualmann <metzpinguin at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> First of all, the "arch" command does not exist in your system. In my
> >> distribution this command is part of the "coreutils".

> In Arch distribution (and Arch derived distro like manjaro), only one
> "arch" command: "tla"
> https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/arch/

Yes, i have seen this. But the Appimage script tries to start 'arch'

Sym-linking tla to arch does not help:

[hph at hackbrett4 Temp]$
./digikam-7.0.0-beta3-20200318T054830-x86-64.appimage -- digiKam Linux
AppImage Bundle -- Use 'help' as CLI argument to know all available options
for digiKam application. -- Notes: to integrate this bundle to your
desktop, use AppImageLauncher. --        to enable all debug messages on
the console, use 'export QT_LOGGING_RULES="digikam*=true"'. libudev.so.0
usage: tla command ...
  (try 'tla -h')
libnss3.so
usage: tla command ...
  (try 'tla -h')

So maybe tla is really a different command.

When creating a script named 'arch' which simply calls 'uname -m', the error
message goes away, but digikam still does not start:

[hph at hackbrett4 Temp]$
./digikam-7.0.0-beta3-20200318T054830-x86-64.appimage -- digiKam Linux
AppImage Bundle -- Use 'help' as CLI argument to know all available options
for digiKam application. -- Notes: to integrate this bundle to your
desktop, use AppImageLauncher. --        to enable all debug messages on
the console, use 'export QT_LOGGING_RULES="digikam*=true"'. libudev.so.0
libnss3.so
-- Preloading shared libs: :/tmp/.mount_digikal6bNLT/usr/lib64/libnss3.so
unknown: qglx_findConfig: Failed to finding matching FBConfig for
QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(),
depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1,
alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior
QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 1, colorSpace
QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
unknown: qglx_findConfig: Failed to finding matching FBConfig for
QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(),
depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1,
alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior
QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 1, colorSpace
QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
unknown: Could not initialize GLX /tmp/.mount_digikal6bNLT/AppRun: Zeile
157: 26460 Abgebrochen             (Speicherabzug geschrieben) digikam $@

The older 'digikam-7.0.0-beta1-20191221T113643-x86-64.appimage' does start
and work fine.

HP

--
Why taunt me? Why upbraid me? I am merely a genius, not a god.