[digiKam-users] Cannot start recent appimage on Manjaro

Hans-Peter Huth hans-ph at web.de
Sat Mar 21 10:01:09 GMT 2020

On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 07:12:27 +0100
Maik Qualmann <metzpinguin at gmail.com> wrote:

> First of all, the "arch" command does not exist in your system. In my
> distribution this command is part of the "coreutils".
>
> Maik

Thanks, but it is not contained by default. To state
https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/manual/html_node/arch-invocation.html#arch-invocation

"arch prints the machine hardware name, and is equivalent to ‘uname -m’.
Synopsis:

arch [option]

The program accepts the Common options only.

arch is not installed by default, so portable scripts should not rely on
its existence.

An exit status of zero indicates success, and a nonzero value indicates
failure."

Could you please use uname instead? BTW: older appimages run fine. Or can
Arch/Manjaro users point me to the correct package?

HP

--
Why taunt me? Why upbraid me? I am merely a genius, not a god.