[digiKam-users] Can't add a flickr account

Martin J. Evans bohica at ntlworld.com
Sat Mar 7 12:36:19 GMT 2020

I'm trying to export images to flickr with version 6.4.0 of digikam on
Windows 10.

I select an image then "Export to Flickr".

A dialogue pops up "Account Selector - digiKam" asking to choose an account.

I select "Add another account".

My default browser (firefox) pops up at
https://www.flickr.com/services/oauth/authorize?perms=write&oauth_token=LONG_TOKEN&oauth_callback=http://127.0.0.1:1965/

I select "OK, I'LL AUTHORIZE IT"

Then I get the error:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to 127.0.0.1:1965. SSL received a
record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

     The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the
authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
     Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

Any ideas?

Martin