[digiKam-users] Writing tags causes thumbnails to redraw

Sheridan Price sheridanmp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 19:14:28 GMT 2020

Firstly, thanks to the developers and everyone else for this great program.
I love it's DAM capability.

However; I am confused. I am running 6.40 on Windows 10 with 8G memory, I7
core @2GHz and a 1G Intel graphics card of some flavour.

The problem is that whenever I do anything with respect to tags (add or
delete) on a photo or group of photos the thumbnail (I am in thumbnail
view) disappears and then gets redrawn. For one photo it's not so bad but
for tens of photos it really becomes a pain. Writing one tag to 148
items can take slightly over 2 minutes before the thumbnails are all
displayed again and I can proceed to the next thing I wish to do.

Is this normal? Is there some setting I'm missing that I should toggle?

Best
Sheridan