[digiKam-users] --> Normal Tags and FaceTags

Alex Antão alex at familiaturista.com.br
Wed Jun 24 01:14:04 BST 2020

Hi all.

Could somebody explain how exactly Digikam treats Tags and FaceTags ?

I mean, how does it recognises when a Tag is a Normal Tag and when it is a FaceTag ?

That's because I came from an upgrade from Digikam 6, I had a lot of FaveTags already setup, and I write all into the file.

Sometime, already on Digikam 7, I think, it seems it lost the database, because when I opened it, it was empty and DK started scanning the Library...

>From there, My FaceTags seemed to get vanished. I still have tons of photos with the Tags marked as People/Alex (for example), but it seems to be a normal Tag. If I go to the People Tab, I am not there.

So, I recognised myself on some photos and my name started showing there, but all my tons of photos that are tagged with my name are not being shown on People Tab.

If I go to Tag Manager, I can see ALL Tags, there's a Tag of any people recognised before. If I Drag them to the People Subtree, DK says it already has a Tag with that name and asks me to Merge. If I merge, the process says it is syncing the Face Database, but after that only new new recognised photos are kept. Every other looses it's Tag.

Why that ?? I'd like to understand to see if I do not loose all recognised photo I have...

Thanks....