[digiKam-users] status of the face detecting?

Rob Dueckman duke at dukey.org
Mon Jun 15 13:25:18 BST 2020

While I would love to see the YOLO face detection included in 7.0.0,
the inclusion of the new  algorithm  yields so many detected faces that
running through the recognition process for a library with more then a
hand full of faces is just frustrating.
As I understand it, the next version of Digikam can be made available
in the Microsoft store for windows users.  If this is the case, I think
getting a current version out and easily available to the majority of
PC users would be a huge bonus to the project and user base.
Maybe YOLO and the new faces work flow can follow on as a point release
in the near future when all the students code gets merged back into the
main tree.
Rob