[digiKam-users] Opening digiKam plugins interface to Python...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 14:57:02 BST 2020

Le mer. 3 juin 2020 à 15:47, <digikam at 911networks.com> a écrit :

> On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 14:18:14 +0200
> Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for the future, and i finalize step by step the C++
> > digiKam plugin interface (DPlugins). If you look in my github
> > account, you will see activity about to port external tools to
> > DPlugins. i also well advanced to port older Photo Layout Editor
> > kipi plugins to cmake, Qt5, and Dplugins.
>
> Should these thing be written in Python or in Lua? Lua is used by
> Darktable and by Adobe's Lightroom...

Well python Qt5 wrapper already exists and code is avaialble in Krita as well.

Also, the background Python libraries is just monstrous, especially
for image processing.

Python is now included in Windows SDK (aka MSVC) de facto. It will be
the standard everywhere for scripting.

And with Lua you need an interpreter too (:=)))...

I playing with LUA when i deployed a VerneMQ Mqtt broker in my office,
and as the student who work with me while this stage said : " what's
this F. shit like language...". This student now working on Face
engine clustering project n digiKam while this summer, and he is
brilliant.

I don't like LUA syntax. Python is better even if i prefer C++ syntax so far...