[digiKam-users] Future of digiKam bundles...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 09:34:19 BST 2020

Le mar. 2 juin 2020 à 08:29, jdd at dodin.org <jdd at dodin.org> a écrit :

> Le 02/06/2020 à 07:54, Gilles Caulier a écrit :
>
> > This want mean certainly no application translations available in the
> > bundle... This is what i suspected...
>
> may be flatpak use localization? my digikam is in french

No. appimage include all ..mo file (machine object) a binary
representation of textual translations. This take space a lots, and
typically, all translations done by KDE mys be available in switch
language dialog from Help menu.

In cmake script we use a special dlag to checkout digiKam translation
before compiling. It's currently disable in Flatpak settings. I would
to see if low level Flatpak script do the job instead, but now i'm
sure to the response is no.

> > Run digiKam flatpak from a console and search the debug line. Paths
> > must be indicated. Warning, this debug trace mode is very verbose...
> >

> the beta is very slow at start, probably because it's a beta...

No. native code is very fast. We have left beta stage since a while
and we stabilize implementation now...

Gilles Caulier